Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tip#665: Your Greatness, Purpose & Focus – Man of Steel

I lovingly remember my Dad encouraging all my talents growing up and always let me know he loved me. And even though he passed over ten years ago I have felt his presence during difficult times cheering me on to persevere. I’ve even had magical signs from him in the form of shiny dimes! See: tip#638

Today is Father’s Day and it feels synchronistic that I recently saw After Earth (see tip#664) and Man of Steel because both are father and son stories. And in Man of Steel you get two father stories in one. I felt my dad’s spirit was with me while watching the new Superman movie. As the two fathers spoke powerful words of encouragement to their son I felt my own dad speaking to me through them.

Man of Steel (2013)

The superhero film, Man of Steel, is a reboot of the Superman story about a young man learning he is not from Earth and realizing his full potential and purpose. On his home planet of Krypton he is given the name Kal-El (Henry Cavill) by his father Jor-El (Russell Crowe). While on Earth he is given the name Clark Kent by his adoptive father Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner) and mother Martha (Diane Lane). This is an epic, darker and visually stunning rendition depicting what would happen if a character like Superman were real in our world. See: movie trailer

The two fathers give Kal/Clark their guidance growing up on how to control and unleash his greatness. There is a beautiful scene where Clark’s mother Martha helps him focus his overwhelming powers as a young boy in school. Interestingly, there are two identical movie teaser trailers with a different narration by each father giving powerful advice that can inspire you as well.

See: Man of Steel - Official Teaser Trailer: Jonathan Kent

“You're not just anyone. One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, it's going to change the world.” Jonathan Kent 

“I have to believe that you were sent here for a reason. And even if it takes the rest of your life, you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is.” Jonathan Kent 

See: Man of Steel - Official Teaser Trailer: Jor-El

“You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.” Jor-El 

I had many pros and cons about this revisioning of the Superman story and yet found it entertaining and filled with many motivational messages about finding your greatness, purpose and focus in life. Most of all it helped me reconnect with my own father and feel his loving words and guidance are still with me. Perhaps this film or others will help bring you closer to your own father.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY
TO ALL MY READERS & FANS
AROUND THE WORLD!

Related Tips (Shiny Dimes Story):
Tip#145: Believe in the Impossible - Ghost
Tip#313: Believe In Magic During The Holidays - The Family Stone
Tip#638: Praying, Faith & Indestructible Optimism - Unconditional
Tip#665: Your Greatness, Purpose & Focus – Man of Steel
Tip#740: The Timeless Love of a Dad, Dog & Son - Mr. Peabody & Sherman
Tip#725: Focus & Resilience, Part 1 – Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 42
Tip#893: Focus & Resilience, Part 2 - The Walk IMAX 3D

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S NEW BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2013

No comments: