Sunday, March 18, 2018

Tip#1085: You Can Rewrite Your Life, Part 7 - Annihilation

There was a huge message I resonated with after seeing Star Wars: The Last Jedi for the second time. The message was spoken by the villain Kylo Renn who says…

“Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be.” 

The filmmakers also took this radical, controversial approach by killing off the beloved history and heroes of the original Star Wars trilogy whether fans wanted it or not. For me it was mirroring what I needed to hear in order to continue my exploration and therapies for healing my wounded inner child. I know a part of me needs to die in order to become the man and adult I’ve wanted to become.

Rewriting, rebooting or reprogramming my life has been a long journey for transforming destructive subconscious thoughts. My daily exercises I’ve been documenting on this blog about inner child healing are taking me deeper into myself more than ever before (see tip#1084). And thankfully the perfect movies continue to fall right into my lap to confirm my path and thrust me even deeper!

Annihilation (2018)

The science fiction horror film, Annihilation, is about cellular biology professor and former U.S. Army soldier Lena (Natalie Portman) and a group of military scientists who enter "The Shimmer", a mysterious quarantined zone full of mutating landscapes and creatures. This riveting, thought-provoking movie is filled with amazing sequences, dazzling visual effects and creepy, chilling moments. See: movie trailer 

 
This is one of those films that noodles its way into your brain and make you think and question what you just watched. It will get you thinking about deep, profound changes that can happen at a cellular level. I recommend you see this movie without knowing anymore details (or seeing the trailer) so you can enjoy the mystery unfold for yourself.

For me the theme of destruction in order for new growth touched me deeply and reaffirmed my current goals of breaking down and reconstructing my core beliefs affecting my wounded inner child. The film was an excellent metaphor for mirroring the benefits of radical change in order to live a better life.

I’ve had to learn this lesson the hard way since losing my home and business several years ago in 2010 (see tip#400). And yet it was the best thing that happened to me because the destruction of my old life led me to the discovery of the clinical depression and seasonal affective disorder that plagued me. And it helps me now to go deeper within myself and heal on a cellular level.

Sometimes in order to move forward in life is to collapse everything we think we know to be true. It means having to truly let go of the past in order to rebuild a solid new foundation for a brighter future. Let movies remind you, inspire you and provide you with insights, answers and entertainment along the way!

“It’s not destroying. It’s creating something new.” 
Annihilation (2018)

Related Tips:
Tip#535: You Can Rewrite Your Life, Part 1 – The Cabin in the Woods
Tip#573: You Can Rewrite Your Life, Part 2 – Frequency
Tip#738: You Can Rewrite Your Life, Part 3 - Stuck in Love
Tip#761: You Can Rewrite Your Life, Part 4 - Maleficent
Tip#767: You Can Rewrite Your Life, Part 5 – I’ll Follow You Down 
Tip#1068: You Can Rewrite Your Life, Part 6 - Justice League
Tip#1085: You Can Rewrite Your Life, Part 7 - Annihilation 

Tip#490: Let Go of What You THINK You Know, Part 1 - Rise of the Planet of the Apes 
Tip#491: Let Go of What You THINK You Know, Part 2 – 4 Movie Tips
Tip#495: Let Go of What You THINK You Know, Part 3 – 4 More Movie Tips 
Tip#514: Let Go of What You THINK You Know, Part 4 – The Artist 



DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE DEALING WITH
DEPRESSION, S.A.D. OR WINTER BLUES?
• READ: Top 10 Inspiring Movies for Managing Depression
• READ: Emmanuel & Depression featured in The Toronto Star
• LISTEN: Emmanuel's CBC Radio Interview on Movie Messages of Hope: The Fresh Air Show
• WATCH: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!
• DISCOVER: 8 Creative Tools for Motivation & Depression

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire, Motivate & Empower You!
See website: www.motivatorman.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2018

No comments: