Sunday, September 24, 2017

Tip#1060: How Movies Inspire Creativity, Part 3 - TIFF17 – Unicorn Store


Louisa Jewell’s Book Launch

My creativity and drive are always inspired by witnessing others, especially friends, demonstrate their talents and ability to accomplish their dreams! I was recently at the book launch party for my friend and colleague Louisa Jewell, Positive Psychology Expert & Speaker. It was an exciting, thrilling celebration of her long journey to write and publish her book Wire Your Brain for Confidence: The Science of Conquering Self-Doubt. I was so inspired holding her book in my hands and by her presentation about her many years of perseverance and resilience to write about a subject she was deeply passionate about.


Mysterious Barricades Concert

I also experienced wonderful, moving music at the Mysterious Barricades Concert at Walter Hall here in Toronto for World Suicide Prevention Day. I marveled at the majestic singing and amazing musicians like the harpist and cello player. Their creativity and joy filled the packed concert hall and by the final two choir performances I was moved to tears.


Jim Carrey, The Painter

I’ve known that fellow Canadian, Jim Carrey, loved to paint though I didn’t realize how prolific he was until I saw a new video showing him in his art studio. His art is absolutely stunning and so rich with energy! Seeing him beyond his comedic and dramatic movie roles in this other world of vibrant colours and juicy visual textures excited my artist's soul! See video: Jim Carrey: I Needed Color


Art was a huge, encompassing part of my life growing up and in my first profession as an illustrator (see my illustration samples). Seeing Jim Carrey’s art, hearing the live music concert and celebrating my friend’s book launch inspires me to take another look at all my past works in art, music and writing. At the same time it helped me recognize that my creative energy has flowed into my new passion for cooking more with colour as I explore a new alkaline diet for improving clinical depression. See photos of my food and meals on my Instagram: The Film Food Friends Project

With all this going on was it a coincidence that I got invited last minute to a film at TIFF that related to creativity and passion of artistic expression? Of course not because if you’ve been following this blog you’ll know I truly believe in the magic of synchronicity and that this film came into my life for a higher purpose!


Unicorn Store (2017)

The comedy drama film, Unicorn Store, is about an artist named Kit (Brie Larson) reluctant to be in a corporate job but is offered a surreal, magical opportunity to own a unicorn. This hilarious, witty movie is filled with wonderful quirky characters and brilliant moments as well as a note-perfect performances by Brie and amazing cast that include Samuel L. Jackson, Joan Cusack, Bradley Whitford, Hamish Linklater, Martha MacIsaac and Mamoudou Athie. See: Unicorn Store TIFF World Premiere Q&A with Brie Larson

I was in a state of bliss after seeing this special film at the Toronto International Film Festival! It touched me on so many levels and there was so much to love about this movie. I loved that Brie’s character had an inner strength that demonstrated confidence, courage, perseverance, resilience, indestructible optimism and more. The life lessons in this film also touch on having faith and to maintain a vision even if others don’t share your beliefs. And equally inspiring is that this was Brie’s directorial debut and, for me, was flawless. And now I’m seeing how it fits into my top 10 lists of feel-good movies and other motivational movie categories!

Inspiring Themes:
• Having a Vision
• Passion
• Perseverance
• Resilience
Indestructible Optimism
• Leadership
• Teamwork
• Courage
• Confidence
• Supportive Relationships
• Creative Expression
• Creative Solutions

As of this writing there are no release dates but I highly recommend everyone see this fantastic film when it arrives especially anyone with a creative soul. I’m sure that is why I connected deeply with this film because it was a wonderful mirror for my past as an artist and immense motivation for my present and future dreams and goals. Thank you Brie Larson!

Movies have the magic to inspire your creativity and drive to go after your dreams and goals. The successes of your friends and famous people you are fans of can also spark a flame inside you to take action. Your imagination is a powerful tool so stoke your creative flames to glow brightly. Unleash your creative spirit today!

Related Tips:
Tip#950: How Movies Inspire Creativity – Prince - Purple Rain
Tip#1035: How Movies Inspire Creativity, Part 2, Sing Street 
Tip#1060: How Movies Inspire Creativity, Part 3 - TIFF17 – Unicorn Store
Tip#754: Strong Women in the Movies, Part 1 - Belle
Tip#593: Remember Your Indestructible Optimism, Part 1 - Argo

MOVIES & MENTAL HEALTH INTERVIEW:
Listen to Emmanuel’s interview on the podcast show THIS MOVIE’S ABOUT YOU with Thom Ernst (former host of TVO’s Saturday Night at the Movies) and Louis Marrone. Emmanuel discusses his ideal double bill of GROUNDHOG DAY and PLEASANTVILLE and how they helped him cope with clinical depression. Click here

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT NEEDS CHEERING UP?
SEND THEM THIS: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: The Fresh Air Show

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker on Health & Wellness
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2017

No comments: