Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Tip#902: Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining, Part 3 - Mental Health - K-PAX

I'm excited that I'm able to inspire audiences with my experiences with clinical depression and the movies that helped me through dark times. I recently gave a motivational talk at a unique monthly networking dinner event called Dinnerspirations hosted by my friend Tammy Cunningham, Relationship & Communications Expert. I'm also speaking to kids and youths about resilience, movies and depression at an upcoming event called Empower the Future: Support Kid’s Mental Health.

What excites me is the silver lining of my difficult life experiences allowed me to creatively express myself and make a positive difference in other people’s lives. Recently an old friend contacted me via Facebook asking for the link to my blog post on Disney’s Inside Out film. He said its for his mother who is going through a depression and was thinking of seeing the film. Getting this request touched me deeply because it showed me this movie blog continues to be an invaluable resource for people.


In the past I could have focused on the darkness of depression but I chose to focus on a vision that my journey and learnings would someday uplift others. Writing this blog allowed me to magnify that vision and to know everything would be okay even when I felt hopeless and stuck. This is part of how I developed my indestructible optimism!

K-PAX (2001)

The science fiction, mystery film, K-PAX, is about a psychiatric patient named Prot (Kevin Spacey) who claims to be an alien from the planet K-PAX. This fascinating story explores his profound, uplifting effects on his psychiatrist Dr. Mark Powell (Jeff Bridges) and all the other patients and people he comes across despite his strange behaviour. See: movie trailer


What is riveting about this story is that amazing scenes seem to support Prot being an alien and that Dr. Powell becomes a clever sleuth to solve this mystery. Along the way Powell realizes that his own life and relationship with his family changes for the better. And in the hospital Prot gives insights, suggestions and tasks to other patients that help excite and transform themselves and improve their mental health.

Inspiring Themes:
• Perseverance
• Resilience
Indestructible Optimism 
• Problem Solving
• Supportive Relationships
• Mental Health

Depression and mental health challenges can be a dark experience. And yet please remember every cloud has a silver lining. Find the lesson you are learning or ways to energize and light yourself up in your darkness. The story of your journey may end up helping others!

Related Tips:
Tip#67: Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining, Part 1 - 4 Movie Tips
Tip#621: Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining, Part 2 - Silver Linings Playbook 
Tip#902: Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining, Part 3 - Mental Health - K-PAX 
Tip#200: How To Build Indestructible Optimism - 9 Movie Tips

NEED FAST TIPS FOR STAYING POSITIVE & RESILIENT?
SEE MOTIVATORMAN’S RESILIENCE RESOURCES: Click here 

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Inspiration & Epiphanies 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2015

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this Post!!! This movie was brilliant <3 much love