Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Tip#828: Motivatorman’s Top 10 Feel Good Movies



Over the years I have dealt with burnout, financial crisis, mid-life crisis and clinical depression. And what I discovered is that movies have the power to give me AHA moments and epiphanies on how to overcome times of feeling hopeless, lost or alone. I also have favourite films that simply make me feel good from start to finish. I can always count on these movies to take me away from my problems and then return me to reality with a big smile on my face and feeling re-energized and so much better!

If you are dealing with difficult times, sadness or depression in the workplace or in life I hope you find this list helpful and uplifting. These films can be part of your go-to Resilience Resources!

A Christmas Story (1983) 
This Christmas classic instantly triggers my happy childhood memories of being a kid during the holidays! This film has so many hilarious moments as well as capturing the magical spirit of Christmas time in every nostalgic scene. See: more blog posts 

The Artist (2011) 
An Oscar winner for Best Picture, this silent, black & white film unexpectedly touched my heart and funny bone with its whimsical charm and wonderful performances. You really have to see it to discover the joys it’ll trigger for you. See: more blog posts 

Back to the Future (1985) 
I’ll always remember when I first saw this action adventure film as a teen and it still excites me whenever I see it! I love time travel stories and am always inspired by this film that shows how anyone can change their future if they find their courage. See: more blog posts 

The Croods (2013) 
Nicholas Cage as the father figure caveman in this animated film is hilarious and was born to voice this role! The colourful vistas and exotic creatures he and his family encounter are also visually stunning. The bonus is the heartwarming messages about family, love and optimism. See: more blog posts 

Groundhog Day (1993) 
This romantic comedy is filled with memorable, funny scenes that after repeat viewings gets better and better. Bill Murray’s character always takes me on a super fun journey of entertainment and inspiration on how to be a better person. See: more blog posts 

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) 
I just love all the colourful, hilarious characters, exciting special effects and the fantastic soundtrack of this Marvel Comics film. So many unexpectedly humorous scenes made me laugh and smile first time I saw it. I continue to watch it over and over again! See: more blog posts 

It’s a Wonderful Life (1946) 
This Christmas classic is a film I loved seeing as a kid (and still today!) every time it came on the television. George Bailey and every other character now feel like family to me! It’s always a special time laughing and crying with this movie. See: more blog posts 

Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936) 
This comedy is another Frank Capra classic and is filled with wonderful characters and humour to touch your heart and funny bone! Each scene is so memorable and the ending (like all the other films listed here) will leave you feeling so good! See: more blog posts 

My Cousin Vinny (1992) 
This comedy is a hilarious story with fantastic performances by Joe Pesci and Maria Tomei who was an Oscar winner for best supporting actress. Their thick Brooklyn accents make the film a joy as does all the moments they reveal their hidden talents! See: more blog posts 

School of Rock (2003) 
This comedy is so much fun on many levels! Seeing Jack Black’s character teach rock & roll to private school kids is so funny and it’s thrilling to see them all become a fantastic rock band. Their great song is also fun to see develop! See: more blog posts 

Extra bonus:

50 First Dates (2004) 
This romantic comedy stars Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore and is hilarious and touching at the same time. I wanted to include a Sandler movie on this list because many of his comedies make me laugh and feel good despite other people not liking them! See: more blog posts 

So whenever you feel down, sad, stuck or depressed remember that “feel good” films can instantly lift your spirits and re-energize you. And if you have favourite films view them now as your Resilience Resources. See them as your own personal “movie prescriptions” to light up your day and give you the drive to keep moving forward at work and in life. Re-energizing yourself through films is the true power of cinema!

Related Tips:
Tip#756: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 1 - Fusia Magazine 5th Anniversary Party - Million Dollar Arm 
Tip#806: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 2 - St. Vincent
Tip#807: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 3 – The Artist
Tip#979: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 4 - PelĂ©: Birth of a Legend 



NEED FAST TIPS FOR STAYING POSITIVE & RESILIENT?
SEE MOTIVATORMAN’S RESILIENCE RESOURCES: Click here

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2015

No comments: