Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Tip#795: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 5 – This Is Where I Leave You

I’ve been feeling a bit of the winter blues as we enter the darker days of Autumn and the approaching winter. So I’ve been re-energizing my spirit by re-watching movies like Million Dollar Arm and Moneyball where I am getting great marketing tips as well as fantastic characters demonstrating amazing resilience. I also saw Hector and the Search for Happiness a 2nd time and am definitely in love with the movie! So many life lessons to embrace and lift anyone up!

There have been powerful synchronicities since my last post Tip#794 on The Good Lie as I was recommended to see another family/siblings based movie. The magical timing is that I had a personal breakthrough with family having mended a close relationship. Life definitely has a sense of humour with the timing of movies I see!

This is Where I Leave You (2014)

The comedy drama, This Is Where I Leave You, is about four siblings of the Altman family reuniting at their childhood home after their father dies. What unfolds are hilarious and touching scenes of love and conflicts between brothers and sisters dealing with mid-life challenges. Great performances by Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Adam Driver, Corey Stoll, Jane Fonda and many more. See: movie trailer

It was amazing and fun to see how universal sibling behavior was in this film. Ultimately I was moved by the affection and support they eventually demonstrated for one another as adults. I was inspired to always apply this in every way I can with my own siblings. I highly recommend this funny and heartfelt film as a movie prescription for mending your own family situations!

Related Tips:
Tip#660: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 1 – Fast & Furious 6 
Tip#712: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 2 - Love Actually 
Tip#773: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 3 - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Tip#794: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 4 - The Good Lie
Tip#795: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 5 – This is Where I Leave You 
Tip#948: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 6 – The Jungle Book
Tip#995: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 7 - Captain Fantastic
Tip#1073: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 8 - Office Christmas Party 
Tip#1093: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 9 - Grandma 

SEE NEW SOCIAL MEDIA PROJECT:
“INSPIRING FILM RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MOVIE LOVERS AROUND THE WORLD” Click here

UPDATED: SEE MOVIES THAT MOTIVATE A to Z
Check out your favourite movies listed alphabetical order: Click here 

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2014

No comments: