Sunday, September 28, 2014

Tip#792: The Key to Happiness, Part 2 - Hector and the Search for Happiness

For first time in a long time I was feeling the blues this week. Despite a very successful motivational talk I gave at a major financial corporation several personal situations hit me all at once and I felt very lost. To clear my head I took the Friday off because my photographer friend Derek contacted me who magically had the day off too. So we went on an adventure walking around Toronto in the sunny warm weather.

He took me to his favourite restaurant The Lakeview for lunch where I had fish n chips upgraded to decadent poutine with sweet potatoes, bacon bits and peameal bacon. And then we went to La Paloma Gelateria & Cafe for the most incredible chocolate hazelnut gelato I’ve ever had! Derek just shared some of the foods that made him happy and that happiness ever so slowly transformed the blues I was feeling into a brighter colour.


Hector and the Search for Happiness (2014)

The romantic comedy drama film, Hector and the Search for Happiness, is about a psychiatrist named Hector (Simon Pegg) who decides to travel around the world to research for the secret to happiness. At first he does this to help his clients be more happy but soon discovers it is he who needs to know the keys especially in regards to his girlfriend Clara (Rosamund Pike). There are many beautiful locations Hector travels to like China and Africa encounter characters played wonderfully by Stellan Skarsgard, Jean Reno, Toni Collette, Christopher Plummer and more. See movie trailer

Lesson 2- Happiness often comes when least expected. 
Lesson 14- Happiness is to be loved for EXACTLY who you are. 
Lesson 16- Happiness is knowing how to celebrate. 

This film is overflowing with insights about happiness that Hector writes down in his notebook. And though these are his personal keys many can be applied to your own life. Plus there are thought-provoking ideas about the unconscious filters we put on ourselves that block happiness. Overall this film is rich with tips on happiness and helped me shed some tears that needed to be released about my own personal challenges. Seeing this film the day after my day adventure was so synchronistic and it helped lift my spirits up even higher.

I highly recommend this movie to lift you up if you are feeling blue. It is a powerful movie prescription you can give yourself if you are drawn to seeing it!

Related Tips:
Tip#288: The Key to Happiness, Part 1 – Night At The Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian 
Tip#792: The Key to Happiness, Part 2 - Hector and the Search for Happiness

SEE NEW SOCIAL MEDIA PROJECT:
“INSPIRING FILM RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MOVIE LOVERS AROUND THE WORLD” Click here

UPDATED: SEE MOVIES THAT MOTIVATE A to Z
Check out your favourite movies listed alphabetical order: Click here 

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

 © Emmanuel Lopez 2014

2 comments:

Scully Love Promo said...

I've heard from several people now that Hector and the Search for Happiness is a film that should not be missed, so your blog post cinches it for me...I will go to see it within the next couple of days 'cause I can't wait!

And yes, there's nothing like spending an unexpected special afternoon with a friend, eating good food and enjoying each other's company to help lift the spirit!

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Yes I hope word of mouth spreads on this amazing movie because film critics have been too harsh and unfair!