Sunday, November 04, 2012

Tip#601: Benefits of Alternate Reality Movies – Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." 
Albert Einstein 

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein 

These are two quotes I absolutely love because they are a constant reminder that the only way to break out of repetitive life challenges is to rewrite what you think you know. Transforming old habits of thinking is the key to breaking free and that's why movies about time travel and alternate realities helps expand one's imagination to what is possible.

I am now entering my 7th year of writing this movie blog and it has been a long journey documenting the tools and methods I've learned to overcome challenges that keep repeating. Author John Assaraf and his term "neural reconditioning" have been very helpful (see tip#576). Movies about alternate realities have also helped to activate my imagination and build my optimistic mindset.

Here is a list of my top 10 Alternate Reality Movies: click here 



Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012)

The action fantasy horror film Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is about the 16th President of the United States (Benjamin Walker) who made it his mission to eliminate vampires since they killed his mother when he was a boy. Along the way Lincoln is aided by other historical figures such as Mary Todd Lincoln (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) and Joshua Speed (Jimmi Simpson). See: movie trailer

I'll admit when I first read the movie title I laughed and thought it was a silly concept. But after I read some positive reviews gave it a chance and I was surprised at how drawn into this alternate reality of Lincoln I became. The rich detail of the period costumes, sets and locations helped me to embrace this fantasy story. This was a perfect example of my brain rewiring to allow a new concept to be accepted.

If you are finding yourself caught in a same situation over and over again recognize it as a big sign that it is time to rewrite your thinking. See it as a sign to explore concepts you would normally reject. Expand your imagination and imagine that you have an alternate reality where that version of you has all the answers you seek! Be bold and ask that person for a little advice today!

GET YOUR FREE EBOOK NOW:
"15 MOVIES: EXCERPTS FROM THE UPCOMING BOOK, PASSION & PERSEVERANCE"
Scroll to bottom of this link: www.motivatorman.com

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Personal & Professional Development for Movie Lovers
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2012

No comments: