Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tip#482: Activate Your Leadership Mindset - Morning Glory

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein

I will always see the summer of 2011 as yet another test of maintaining my faith and indestructible optimism (see previous tip#481). The Einstein quote exemplifies how I am facing my latest financial challenges and how I've taken steps to approach my problems using different thinking. I've discovered that daily, consistent meditation has helped me unearth an inner voice revealing answers I've been seeking (see Deepak Chopra's 21 day meditation challenge).

One of these answers came in remembering my first successful business as an illustrator. I was reminded of how abundant, full and flowing my work AND bank account was. I was given a vision of a time where I earned an extremely prosperous living because of the great business team I had AND how much fun my days were. Soon after this experience I was synchronistically led to watching a movie that mirrored that same bright excitement and energy of my past successes.

Morning Glory 2010

The comedy Morning Glory is about aspiring TV news producer Becky Fuller (Rachel McAdams) who, after getting laid off unexpectedly, gets a chance to help a struggling morning show called DayBreak. Though she exhibits many quirky personality traits, Fuller demonstrates great leadership qualities such as assertiveness, perseverance, creative thinking and indestructible optimism.

When faced with difficult personalities like Mike Pomeroy (Harrison Ford), Fuller persevered with enthusiasm in helping him adapt and to create a team spirit among the morning show workers. She even showed a proactive, fighter mindset rather than a victim mentality when the network threatened to cancel her morning show. See: movie trailer

Remember Past Successes

This movie mirrored many aspects of myself that re-ignited my positive emotional energy. It had one character (Fuller) that mirrored the strengths and leadership mindset I know I already have inside me. And it had another character (Pomeroy) who reminded me that despite whatever age you are one can still make the changes necessary to adapt successfully with whatever life throws at you.

If unexpected change or crisis hits you do your best to activate your leadership mindset to persevere. One way to re-energize your positivity is to remember any of your past successes and achievements. Another is to find cinematic role models to inspire you. When you do you will recognize proof of your capabilities and re-ignite your passion, drive AND indestructible optimism in whatever challenge you face right now!

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER AT YOUR
ORGANIZATION, ASSOCIATION or EVENT?
SEE MY VIDEO SAMPLE of my LECTURES, KEYNOTES, SEMINARS: Click here

SPEAKER TOPICS:
1) How To Press Play When You're Stuck On Pause: Re-ignite Passion & Drive
2) Indestructible Optimism: Build a Leadership Mindset
3) Introduction to the Power of Social Media

SEE THE MOVIES MOTIVATE LIST A to Z!
Look up your favourite movies and the motivational tips
written for them: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011


2 comments:

Candice Frederick said...

i really enjoyed reading your assessment here, even though i didn't like this movie. i think this story does force you to become your own leader.

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Thank you so much for your positive comment Candice. Really meant a lot to me! I am compelled to write more personal details about my life challenges and your feedback is encouraging me to do more on my blog.

For others reading this, please check out Candice's great movie blog: http://ticketstubz.blogspot.com/