Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tip#476: Do You Know Who You Are? - Captain America: The First Avenger - 5 Movie Tips


Toronto experienced an extreme heat wave this week and to find relief from the oven-like weather I enjoyed the cool comfort of movie theatres. I went to see 5 movies that amazingly had a similar theme that spoke to me on a deeper level. They were asking me if I knew who I really was.

Conan O'Brien Can't Stop (2011)

This documentary is about how late-night talk show host Conan O'Brien dealt with his shocking dismissal from his NBC show. This situation helped remind him of what he loved most which was being in front of an audience.

The King's Speech (2010)

This best Oscar film was showing free at a local library and reminded me that both King George VI (Colin Firth) and his speech therapist Lionel Logue (Geoffrey Rush) were strong, commanding leaders. They were inspiring me to bring out the leader in me.

Zookeeper (2011)

Despite mixed reviews, I was drawn to this family film about how zookeeper Griffin Keyes (Kevin James) is helped to become a strong-willed, assertive man by talking animals at his zoo. For example Joe the Lion (Sylvester Stallone) helped Griffin bring out his inner lion.

Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)

I was drawn to see this a 2nd time and always amazed at the powerful motivational messages in this animated wonder. Po (Jack Black) is compelled to discover who he is and where he came from. Along the way he learns about inner peace and that unhappy beginnings do not make you who you are, it is the rest of your story and who you CHOOSE to be right now.


Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

The movie Captain America: The First Avenger is based on the Marvel Comics character about a sickly man from Brooklyn who is transformed into a super soldier during World War II. Despite his scrawny appearance, Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) knew he was brave, persistent, caring of others AND stood his ground with bullies.

These leadership qualities were simply magnified with an experimental formula along with a powerful physical upgrade making Rogers super strong and super fast. And even though Rogers wears his famous red, white and blue costume and slings his indestructible shield at villains you are always reminded of that simple good-hearted man inside the masked superhero.

Movie Heroes Are Mirrors

Was this movie hero a mirror for me? Big time! I grew up a scrawny kid who loved superhero comic books and just wanted to make people smile. I was able to do this and turned it into a career with my artwork and illustrations (see here) AND now I inspire people with my motivational stories. I even gave myself a superhero name!

And since I saw J.K. Rowling's inspiring Harvard speech (see tip#475) I've been intent on focusing my identity and career path. These 5 movies helped reinforce the need to do what excites me the most about my life and work AND help others to feel good. I'm progressing well and happy I have my movie heroes to help me move forward with confidence!

What movie heroes do you resonate with?

What movie heroes speak to you on some level? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below OR click on the blog title above and scroll to bottom.

Related Tips:
Tip#363: Discover Your Life Purpose – Accepted
Tip#1009: Discover Your Life Purpose, Part 2 - Moana
Tip#277: Unearthing Your Passion & Purpose - Get Shorty
Tip#476: Do You Know Who You Are? - Captain America: The First Avenger - 5 Movie Tips

SEE NEW SPEAKER PROMO ON MOVIES THAT MOTIVATE
LECTURES, KEYNOTES, SEMINARS: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

SEE THE MOVIES MOTIVATE LIST A to Z!
Look up your favourite movies and the motivational tips
written for them: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011

1 comment:

Candice Frederick said...

it's extremely hot here in NY too! i know the feeling. Captain America was great. i think i also love the Batman films.