Sunday, December 24, 2017

Tip#1073: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 8 - Office Christmas Party

This holiday season I finally had the focus and drive to organize my dad’s vast archives of print photos that were stored in dust-covered boxes. Somehow I had to create order from all this chaos! My dad had a passion for photography and documenting happy memories that I enthusiastically inherited (see my photos on Instagram)! It’s been an emotional week at my mom’s Las Vegas home as I sifted through countless photos of my life growing up as well as finding precious images of my mom and dad growing up as kids in the Philippines.

Seeing so many smiles of myself, my brother, sister and my parents throughout 5 decades sent waves of love through my heart. A flood of memories of the warmth and support I got from each of them re-ignited how important the love of family really is. Of course there were many times that were difficult but we somehow persevered and helped each other get through it all.

And we may have had disagreements and fights growing up but amazingly only the happiest of memories prevailed after all these years. Thanks to my dad’s foresight these magnificent photos will live on! And as I write this on Christmas Eve I feel so happy and grateful that I still feel the love and support of my siblings, my mom and even my dad in heaven (read my shiny dimes stories)! I am also thinking about a wild Christmas comedy I recently saw that had a powerful theme of family and teamwork percolating beneath the raunchy antics.


Office Christmas Party (2016)

The comedy film, Office Christmas Party, is about Josh Parker (Jason Bateman) and his friend, co-worker and branch manager, Clay Vanstone (T.J. Miller) saving their company from being shut down by his sister and CEO, Carol Vanstone (Jennifer Aniston). This rude, crude, audacious and hilarious movie also features fun performances by Kate McKinnon, Vanessa Bayer, Olivia Munn, Rob Corddry, Randall Park, Courtney B. Vance and Karan Soni. See: movie trailer

This over-the-top R rated film really pushes the limits in showing the craziest office Christmas party ever! And yet somewhere along the way I got emotionally invested in the characters and their goal to save their company. Each co-worker began to demonstrate specific skills and talents that eventually contribute to the solution. A sense of family began to shine through and I was so conscious that I was receiving some inspirational messages that shined by the end of the film!

All of these characters had flaws but they really came together when it counted most. That was a wonderful message to receive especially at Christmas time. Family can mean your immediate family, extended family of your closest friends or your loving, supportive co-workers.

This holiday season be aware of the sense of family you have. Or be inspired by movies that have shining examples of family and teamwork. Let these films fill you with love and hope in all the ups and downs of your life!

Wishing you and your loved ones the happiest of holidays!

Related Tips:
Tip#660: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 1 – Fast & Furious 6 
Tip#712: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 2 - Love Actually 
Tip#773: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 3 - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Tip#794: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 4 - The Good Lie
Tip#795: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 5 – This is Where I Leave You 
Tip#948: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 6 – The Jungle Book
Tip#995: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 7 - Captain Fantastic
Tip#1073: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 8 - Office Christmas Party 
Tip#1093: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 9 - Grandma 
Tip#477: Great Teamwork Movies Part 1 – X-Men: First Class – Kung Fu Panda 2
Tip#626: Perseverance & Teamwork, Part 1 – The Fugitive


DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT NEEDS
CHEERING UP DURING THE HOLIDAYS?
• LISTEN: Emmanuel's CBC Radio Interview on Movie Messages of Hope for the Holidays: The Fresh Air Show
• WATCH: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!
• READ: Emmanuel's Ebook, Movie Messages of Hope for the Holidays on sale now

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire, Motivate & Empower You!
See website: www.motivatorman.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2017

No comments: