Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Tip#1017: Heartwarming TV Christmas Movies, Part 3

This Christmas was different as I stayed in Toronto instead of going on my annual Las Vegas holiday. My mom came here this year where our immediate family live. We had a wonderful family Christmas Day dinner together with my siblings for the first time in years. At the end of the evening we heard that pop singer George Michael had passed away. Two days later actress Carrie Fisher would pass away too.

Just before I discovered the Star Wars actress had passed my inner child had a craving for a McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish. And as I sat down to eat I looked up at the TV monitor and saw the news of Carrie Fisher's passing. I cried and just sat there. Then I took a photo of the tabletop I was sitting at because it had an outer space look to it. I loved this photo and it will forever remind me of a beautiful, uplifting image during a heartbreaking moment when I lost one of my favourite princesses.

Though the Filet-O-Fish was delicious and how I remember it as a child I then needed an uplifting tonic and treated myself to a delicious Caramel Brûlée Latte from Starbucks. The little golden caramel Brulée sprinkle toppings brought me joy just looking at them!

That evening I watched a new Hallmark made-for-TV movie, A Christmas To Remember, and it warmed my heart and lifted my spirits even more. It was part of four other made-for-TV films that had a theme of broken hearts and of the healing power of Christmas. And though these films have a classic cheesy, sentimental romantic quality to them they still stirred my emotions and made me smile.

A Christmas To Remember (2016)
I was quickly drawn in by the quiet town and the warmth of family headed by single parent John (Cameron Mathison). He meets Jennifer (Mira Sorvino) who has amnesia and, with his family’s help rekindle’s her childhood Christmas spirit and heals the loss of her mother. See: movie trailer

A Prince for Christmas (2015)
I was amazed how this film unexpectedly drew me in with the engaging lead characters and the quiet little town they meet in. Emma (Viva Bianca) is a waitress who lost both her parents a few years back and has her heart warmed by a visiting Prince (Kirk Barker) in cognito. See: movie trailer

Christmas In The Smokies (2016)
I loved spending time in the beautiful Smoky Mountains in this film where Sarah (Shelby Haygood) faces a hurtful experience with an old boyfriend Mason (Alan Powell) who comes back to his hometown after making it big as a country singer. See: movie trailer

Hearts of Christmas (2016)
This film had a more serious tone though just as heartwarming as the other movies. Jenny (Emilie Ullerop) butts head with the new manager Matt (Krisoffer Polaha) who fired her supervisor Alice (Sharon Lawrence). They work in a hospital's neonatal intensive care unit and there are many heartwarming moments of the loving difference Alice made over the years in saving the lives of many babies. See: movie trailer

For some people, Christmas time contains sad memories of lost loved ones and broken hearts. And yet it can become a time of healing with the help of family, friends, meeting new people, uplifting holiday movies, childhood comfort foods and Caramel Brûlée Lattes. I hope you find something special that warms your heart this holiday season.

Related Tips:
Tip#716: Heartwarming TV Christmas Movies, Part 1
Tip#1012: Heartwarming TV Christmas Movies, Part 2 
Tip#1017: Heartwarming TV Christmas Movies, Part 3
Tip#908: Movie Messages of Hope for The Holidays, Part 1 - The Night Before
Tip#916: Movie Messages of Hope for The Holidays, Part 2 - Crown for Christmas

NEED SOME CHEERING UP?
SEE NOW: Uplifting 4 min. Hollywood movie montage & song by Emmanuel Lopez!


ON SALE NOW:
MOVIE MESSAGES of HOPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS:
15 Films for Overcoming Depression & Difficult Times
The uplifting eBook by Emmanuel Lopez: Click Here

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: The Fresh Air Show 14 minutes

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Inspiration & Motivation 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
The Movies-For-Motivation Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2016

No comments: