Sunday, December 18, 2016

Tip#1014: Childhood Passions, Part 3 - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Seeing the original Star Wars film in 1977 changed my life! It inspired my imagination so much I had to collect all the action figures and replay the adventures in my own backyard. I also drew countless scenes recreating the space battle at the Death Star with Rebel X-Wing fighters chasing Imperial Tie fighters. I didn’t know it at the time but my passion had been ignited! See: tip#758

Now imagine decades later and a new film triggers memories of these childhood adventures where images of these ships filled the screen in a whole new way. That’s what I got and more from the 3rd act of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story! It was if my childhood memories of playing and drawing these space battles came to life. It even featured some of the same characters from the 1977 film. My inner child was in a state of overflowing bliss!

One of many drawings I did in 1977!



Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

The action, adventure film, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, takes place just before the opening scenes of Star Wars: A New Hope (1977) and tells the story of how the Death Star plans are stolen by the Rebel Alliance. This exciting chapter is filled with nostalgic nods to the original Star Wars while introducing us to new heroes such as Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones), Orson Krennic (Ben Mendelsohn), K-2SO (Alan Tudk) and many more. See: movie trailer

Despite the bliss I mentioned there are still a few negatives I felt about certain aspects of the film but these would be serious spoilers! I will instead focus on the delight of seeing the space ships I know and loved back in action as well as the AT-AT Walkers, surprise cameos, cues from John Williams magnificent score and Darth Vader in all his glorious darkness!

What was very different that I loved was the diversity of the characters with visible minorities such as actors Diego Luna (Mexican), Donnie Yen (Chinese) and Riz Ahmed (Pakistani). And having a female lead played by Felicity Jones excited me to know that this film will inspire the idea of team spirit and of supportive relationships for people of different backgrounds.


I’m hoping this film inspires the imagination of a whole new generation of kids and ignite their own passion for finding their inner strengths the same way the original film inspired my career as an illustrator, movie blog writer and motivational speaker (see: tip#758)!

Childhood passion is meant to be kept alive as an adult. Passion is the fuel that drives you forward on a joyful path in life and in career. Find movies that re-ignite your passions and see how exciting your life can be!

Related Tips:
Tip#178: Childhood Passions, Part 1 - The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - Star Trek 
Tip#932: Childhood Passions, Part 2 – A Good Year 
Tip#1014: Childhood Passions, Part 3 - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Tip#758: Movies that Changed My Life - Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope



NEED SOME CHEERING UP?
SEE NOW: Uplifting 4 min. Hollywood movie montage & song by Emmanuel Lopez!

ON SALE NOW:
MOVIE MESSAGES of HOPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS:
15 Films for Overcoming Depression & Difficult Times
 The uplifting eBook by Emmanuel Lopez: Click Here

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: Fresh Air Show 14 minutes

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Inspiration & Motivation 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
The Movies-For-Motivation Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2016

No comments: