Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Tip#937: Top 15 Inspiring Women in the Movies – International Women’s Day 2016

I had one of the most enjoyable and memorable experiences speaking at the International Women’s Day event for the City of Vaughan recently! The packed room of women business owners and working professionals were such a warm audience that I wished I spoke longer than my 20 minute spot.

Afterwards, I was thanked by many individuals, such as the Mayor of Vaughan Maurizio Bevilacqua, and Sunder Singh Executive Director of Elspeth Heyworth Centre for Women, for sharing my journey with clinical depression. The group also resonated with key women in the movies that inspired me to maintain a leadership mindset to persevere such as Erin Brockovich, Julie Child from Julie & Julia and Joy Mangano from Joy.


During my presentation I thanked Mirella Tersigni, event organizer, for having been there for me in 2010 when I went through a financial crisis due to an undiagnosed clinical depression at that time. She received a big applause which confirmed that her compassionate, supportive, empowering spirit was well-known in the Vaughan community. And that was the kind of energy I felt in the air that day as I made new friends with several of the women in attendance. I can only describe it as a community love energy! We then had fun taking group selfies.

 I'm with Maurizio Bevilacqua, Mayor of the City of Vaughan and
Mirella Tersigni, Event Organizer& Cultural Development Officer

I'm with Jennifer Ladouceur, Director of Economic Development, City of Vaughan and Councillor Sandra Yeung Racco, City of Vaughan

“Your presentation was excellent and was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Guests were commenting about how empowered you made them feel. A heartfelt thank you for making International Women’s Day 2016 a memorable event for all of us.” 
Mirella Tersigni, Cultural Development Officer & Event Organizer, City of Vaughan

“I was completely inspired by Emmanuel's presentation as I could relate to it. Films like Erin Brockovich and Julie & Julia helped me get through some of my most difficult and challenging life moments.” 
Romina Monaco, Writer Fredi Magazine and Panoram Italia Magazine

“It was inspiring to listen to Emmanuel’s presentation.  His passionate talk not only inspired but motivated women in the room to reach into themselves and realize their own potentials and help them exude their own confidence outwardly.  Thank you for showing us ways to make us be the best of who we are.”  
Councillor Sandra Yeung Racco, City of Vaughan


For the presentation I made a list of my top 15 inspiring women in the movies that were personal favourites. This list inspired me to produce a new eBook which I launched on International Women’s Day March 8th. Here is the list:

1. Aliens (1989) Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver)
2. Baby Boom (1987) J.C. Wiatt (Diane Keaton)
3. Belle (2013) Dido Elizabeth Belle Lindsay (Gugu Mbatha-Raw)
4. The Blind Side (2009) Leigh Anne Tuohy (Sandra Bullock)
5. Contact (1997) Dr. Ellie Arroway (Jodie Foster)
6. Erin Brockovich (2000) Erin Brockovich (Julia Roberts)
7. Freedom Writers (2007) Erin Gruwell (Hilary Swank)
8. Joy (2015) Joy Mangano (Jennifer Lawrence)
9. Julie & Julia (2010) Julie Powell (Amy Adams) Julia Child (Meryl Streep)
10. Last Holiday (2006) Georgia Byrd (Queen Latifah)
11. Legally Blonde (2001) Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon)
12. Mary Kom (2014) Mary Kom (Priyanka Chopra)
13. Secretariat (2011) Penny Chenery Tweedy (Diane Lane)
14. Sister Act (1992) Deloris Van Cartier (Whoopie Goldberg)
15. Temple Grandin (2010) Temple Grandin (Claire Danes)

All of these women heroes showed me how to develop and maintain a leadership mindset by watching how they found their inner strengths and confidence during their adversities. You can read more on each film in my new eBook, Top Inspiring Women in the Movies: 15 Films for Leadership at Work & in Life. See a description on my eBook Store: Click here

Whether you are male or female, young or old you can find amazing inspiration and motivation from these women heroes. Most of these films are based on real-life heroes who can inspire you even more with their true stories of overcoming incredible odds. Think about some of your favourite films now and recognize exactly what it is about the heroes that inspire you. They are reminding you of your own inner strengths and shining abilities!



LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW
on MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: Fresh Air Show 14 minutes

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Inspiration & Motivation 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Movie Blogger
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2016

No comments: