Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tip#782: Top 5 Inspiring Movies starring Robin Williams

One of my favourite TV shows growing up was Mork & Mindy starring a new comedian/actor named Robin Williams. He just made me laugh and I instantly loved him! As the years went by he grew into a respected Hollywood actor making films that would help save my life during numerous adversities. His movies will be part of his massive legacy long after his unexpected death on August 11, 2014. I will always be grateful for how he touched my life.

Williams has done many fantastic movies and I have favourites that are meaningful to me. Here are my top 5 inspiring movies with Robin Williams and motivating quotes his characters shared. I’ve enjoyed these over and over again both as entertainment and invaluable resources of motivation. I hope they help lift you up during difficult times in your work and life.

Awakenings (1990) 

Based on a true story, Williams plays Oliver Sacks a neurologist that discovers a temporary cure of bringing back catatonic people seemingly frozen for decades. This movie always reminds me of the importance of friendship, social support and for appreciating every moment and pleasures of living.

“The human spirit is more powerful than any drug - and THAT is what needs to be nourished: with work, play, friendship, family. These are the things that matter. This is what we've forgotten - the simplest things.”

Bicentennial Man (1999)

In this science fiction film, Williams plays Andrew an android who desires to improve himself and help make the world a better place. The story spans 200 years and always inspires me because of Andrew’s perseverance for personal development, productivity and creative innovation. He achieved his goals no matter how long it took or adversities he faced.

“I try to make sense of things. Which is why, I guess, I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.”

Good Will Hunting (1997)

In this Oscar winning drama, Williams plays Dr. Sean Maguire who helps a genius-level young adult to overcome his personal issues and pain. This movie inspires me because of how Dr. Maguire and his personal issues were also healed while helping others and that life-changing friendships can happen in unexpected places.

"Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself."

"You'll have bad times, but it'll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren't paying attention to." 

Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) 

This comedy is about an out of work actor named Daniel Hillard, played by Williams, who transforms into an elderly woman named Mrs. Doubtfire in order to get an acting job. This movie inspires me to always think big and creatively when it comes to my own work and business. It also reminds me that family, in any form, is important to always have in life.

“If there’s love, dear… those are the ties that bind, and you’ll have a family in your heart, forever.”

Patch Adams (1998)

Based on a true story, Williams plays Patch Adams, a doctor who focused on bringing laughter to patients. This film inspires me to always persevere with my passions and goals despite other people not supporting me. It reminds to also laugh especially when things look dark or hopeless.

"You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I'll guarantee you'll win." 

"Death. To die. To expire. To pass on. To perish. To peg out. To push up daisies. To push up posies. To become extinct. Curtains, deceased, Demised, departed And defunct. Dead as a doornail. Dead as a herring. Dead as a mutton. Dead as nits. The last breath. Paying a debt to nature. The big sleep. God's way of saying, "Slow down." "

Quotes from other Robin Williams movies:

"What do you want to be in the world? I mean the whole world. What do you want to be? Close your eyes and think about that."
August Rush (2007)

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone." 
World’s Greatest Dad (2009)

SEE NEW RESILIENCE QUICK TIPS PAGE:
See my top resources for increasing your resilience now on my Motivatorman website: click here

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com
© Emmanuel Lopez 2014

3 comments:

Candice Frederick said...

Gosh, what a loss. I really still need to see Patch Adams and Awakenings. But I LOVE Mrs. Doubtfire.

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Yes, such a loss Candice. I immediately watched Awakenings after hearing of Robin's death and such a powerful true story. Both his and De Niro's performances are moving.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Emmanuel. Robin Williams​ sure left an amazing legacy!

Mary-Kay