Sunday, December 29, 2013

Tip#717: Uplifting Reminders & Messages at Christmas - Rocky Balboa – Real Steel

I just arrived back to Las Vegas from Santa Barbara for the third part of my Christmas vacation and I am still in bliss from all the consistent sunshine and overflowing amounts of good food. On Christmas Day we had an epic dinner for about 20 relatives. Two choices of mouth watering pot roast, Japanese style salmon filets, mashed potatoes, honey ham, chicken macaroni, crunchy green bean salad, leek soup and several delicious types of pecan pies and carrot cake!

Most of the evenings I was stuffed to the gills and happily bloated. So I just watched whatever movies were playing on the large flat screen TV. There was a double feature on boxing we saw that magically felt like they had messages for me for the New Year AND a reminder that my Dad’s spirit was definitely with me this Christmas. He had passed away suddenly at Christmas time a few years ago. See: tip#313

Rocky Balboa (2006)

This is the sixth installment in the Rocky film series where Rocky (Sylvester Stallone), now in his late 50’s, is a widower and estranged from his son Robert (Milo Ventimiglia). With an opportunity to go back into the ring one last time, Rocky has a powerful dialogue with his son that ultimately brings them closer together. Seeing this scene made me feel like my Dad was still here motivating me to keep moving forward no matter how many times life keeps knocking me down. See: Rocky’s empowering speech 

Real Steel (2011)

This science fiction sports drama is about a future where robot boxers have replaced humans. Former boxer Charlie (Hugh Jackman) competes using his amazing robots when he must suddenly take his estranged 11 year old son, Max (Dakota Goyo), with him on the road. Max quickly demonstrates he is wiser beyond his years with excellent skills in operating robots, promotion and marketing. Together they make a highly effective team and achieve impossible goals. Again, seeing this made me remember my own Dad and how supportive he was with my creativity and my career. I missed him and yet this film made me feel he was still with me.

If you have lost a loved one and missing them this holiday season I hope you are comforted by the thought they are still with you every time a movie or something triggers a positive reminder of them. Believe they are still with you and cheering you on right now!

Thanks for all your support this year! And I wish you a Happy New Year and that 2014 is the year your dreams and goals come true!

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

SEE NEW CHRISTMAS VIDEO PROMO
FOR “MOVIES FOR MOTIVATION” BOOK: Click here 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero
Providing Inspiring Movies to Empower Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2013

No comments: