Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tip#685: Develop Inner Strength & Confidence – Kung fu & Qi - The Grandmaster

I grew up thinking about Kung fu as just a cool-looking fighting style from Asia. Then in my adult life I discovered Kung fu’s power lies in what traditional Chinese culture calls Qi translated as “life energy”. Ancient Chinese believed Qi permeated everything and linked their surroundings together. I believe it is this energy I have learned to tap into (even if just a little) through spiritual practices and discipline. It has helped me build an inner strength and confidence for persevering in difficult times.

The Grandmaster (2013)

The Chinese martial arts drama, The Grandmaster, is based on the life story of Ip Man (Tony Leung Chiu-Wai) who was Bruce Lee’s teacher. Starting with his life in 1930’s Foshan, the Japanese war and then Hong Kong in the 1950’s we get introduced to many vibrant characters with various Kung Fu styles. The fight scenes are so poetically staged and beautiful that they feel like ethereal dances. This is an epic cinematic experience! See: movie trailer

What inspired me the most was Ip Man’s incredible inner strength and confidence when he is faced with a fight. I could almost feel his Qi through the movie screen! Despite whatever opponents he faced he seemed to radiate an inner peace and calm like being in the eye of a hurricane. I am so grateful to the magic of movies like this one because they help expand my awareness of concepts like Kung fu and Qi to help me be a stronger person.

Are you a fan of martial arts films? Are there any movies you’d recommend that expand on the richness and wisdom of Kung fu? Please let me know!

Related Tips:
Tip#460: Find Inner Peace Thanks to a Movie - Kung Fu Panda 2 
Tip#670: See Life As An Adventure, Part 3 – The Forbidden Kingdom 

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero
Helping Activate Your Indestructible Optimism!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2013

No comments: