Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tip#677: Your Power to Heal – The Wolverine

I am loving my new condo building’s indoor heated pool! I’ve been swimming three times a week since I moved in two months ago and noticed that my whole body is looking and feeling stronger. This feels extra good because I had lost weight from the stress I wrote about this past year (see Tip#655) and now been rebuilding my body strength. Most importantly I feel I am healing from prolonged anxiety that had really pushed my limits.

And once again a movie synchronistically came along that was entertaining as well as thought-provoking about healing. I went to see The Wolverine on opening day and Hugh Jackman looked really buff and ripped! His physical shape was inspiring as was how he deals with losing his superpowers. Wolverine’s power is rapid regenerative healing which, for the first time in the film series, is taken away from him.

The Wolverine (2013)

The movie, The Wolverine, is the sixth installment in the X-Men film series following the events of X-Men: The Last Stand. Logan a.k.a. Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is in emotional pain after killing the woman he loved (Famke Janssen) when he is summoned to Japan by a dying soldier he saved during the bombing of Nagasaki. He is then drawn into a feud between a wealthy family and Yakuza assassins and ninjas. He also faces a super villain named Viper (Svetlana Khodchenkova) with the help of a deadly assassin named Yukio (Rila Fukushima). See: movie trailer

Soon Wolverine’s rapid healing powers are taken away and he must deal with bullets and cuts having the potential to end his immortal life. For the first time he must learn to rely on others for help. These lessons permeate a film filled with exciting battles and a unique flavor for a superhero film as it will immerse you into the Japanese culture. And you get to see how Logan heals his past emotional pain as well as the physical pains he endures. For me Wolverine, once again, is a great cinematic role model for staying strong in difficult times and persevering physically, mentally and emotionally!

Are you healing from something that happened to you recently or years ago? Do you have favourite movies that help you stay positive? Please let me know. Your recommendations may help others in their own healing process.

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S NEW BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero
Helping Activate Your Indestructible Optimism!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2013

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your book Emmanuel. I always enjoy reading your blogs.

Lorrie