Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tip#676: Life & Work Lessons from Movies – The Internship

At a recent social event I met a retired CEO who said he really enjoyed the film The Internship and I thought, “Really? That movie about two middle aged guys trying to get an internship at Google? The film that was also trashed by film critics and also criticized for being one giant Google ad? The movie that was also considered a box-office bomb?”

What intrigued me was if a retired CEO in his 60’s found value in this kind of movie then I would trust him and just see it for myself. And I’m glad I did because I was really entertained, inspired, educated and found many motivational quotes in it!

“I don’t know even know what happens to a dream deferred. Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun or does it explode? I don’t want to find out.” 

“I’ve seen the future and it’s beautiful for us!” 

“I want to do something that matters. I want to have a life that I’m excited about and that’s great!” 

The Internship (2013)

The comedy, The Internship, is about Billy McMahon (Vince Vaughn) and Nick Campbell (Owen Wilson) applying for an internship at the Google company after being laid off from their salesman jobs. Being twice the age of their fellow interns does appear strange at first and so hilarious scenes do unfold. Despite the generation gap between these two and the other interns in their early 20’s they each learn to work together as a team and embrace the values each generation has to offer. See: movie trailer

Other than the theme of teamwork, many other life and work lessons come up like balancing time with online technology and with living life. There are also sales and marketing tips for business owners on the benefits of social media to build their businesses. In the end I was inspired by the themes of perseverance, communicating with one another, life/work balance and of following a dream no matter what age you are!

What movies have you enjoyed that inspired you with life and work lessons? Please let me know!

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S NEW BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero
Helping Activate Your Indestructible Optimism!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2013

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can follow a dream at any age. Just keep it in perspective. You could find yourself in financial ruin, or damage relationships if you lose sight of the environment around you.

Anonymous said...

I liked that movie, it was a laugh a minute like the Wedding Crashers, but it was uplifting!

David Cohen
Radio Show Host & Business Coach & Facilitator
Small Business Big Ideas Show

Anonymous said...

The Internship movie is uplifting and I've put examples from it in my ecourse on How to start a service business!
Trudy Van Buskirk, Founder
BoomerBizBuilder

Cecilia said...

Fantastic!