Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tip#499: Choose A Future - Mr. Nobody

"The future creates your present."

I heard this quote at a conference this weekend and it struck me so deeply. I attended the 2012 Gateway To Your Future Conference here in Toronto and received so many answers to why I’ve been stuck spinning my wheels (see tip#481). One of the speakers was Hypnotherapist, Futurist, Healer and Life Coach Ti Caine and his message was that focusing on your future creates your present against the backdrop of the past. I was emotionally shaken to the core. My epiphany was that I needed to build a RELATIONSHIP with my future.

My financially successful career as an illustrator flowed easily and quickly without having any business plan. And I tried starting my motivational speaker career in early 2000's the same way and it hadn't worked. And even though I've tried to make 3, 5 or 10 year plans it was very difficult. I was excellent at accomplishing short term goals but long term was very foreign to me. Now I'm wondering whether or not I've been afraid to choose a future because I saw SO MANY exciting possibilities.

Mr. Nobody 2010

The science fiction drama Mr. Nobody is a rich, intricate story of the parallel lives of a man named Nemo Nobody (Jared Leto). Spanning different time zones of the 20th and 21st centuries. You see Nemo's 3 different marriages and what life is like if he chose to live with his mother or father when they separated. This movie explores the different realities that unfold when different choices are made in life. You see the benefits and consequences that result from the simplest choices or random occurrences. See: Movie trailer


Synchronistically, I watched this movie the day after the 2 day conference. It was EXACTLY what my spirit needed and it was a mirror for the meaningful coincidences that the film demonstrated. This movie and the conference helped me discover AND admit to myself that I purposefully did not choose a long term future to aim for. And it's not too late to make change. Since this epiphany I knew my primary focus right now is to build a relationship with my future. And, as Ti Caine suggests… I choose an AWESOME FUTURE!

This life really is a journey of discovery, mostly of oneself and the CONSCIOUS choices we make. Make a choice to understand who you are and what you want. Make a choice to have an awesome future for yourself!

"In life you get one take. If it’s bad you just deal with it."
Mr. Nobody (2010)


Related Tips:
Tip#179: Important Messages From The Kid - Disney's The Kid
Tip#332: Your Thoughts Have So Much Power – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Tip#445: Everything is Going To Be Okay - Source Code 
Tip#499: Choose A Future - Mr. Nobody
Tip#506: Time Travel & Alternate Reality Movies – 4 Hidden Gems
Tip#549: Yes, You Can Alter Your Reality - Men in Black 3
Tip#587: If You Could Talk To Your Younger Self What Would You Say? – Looper
Tip#590: Expand Your Mind with Time Travel Movies, Pt.1 - The Time Traveler’s Wife
Tip#759: Expand Your Mind with Time Travel Movies, Pt 2 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
Tip#682: What if You Could Go Back in Time? - Back to the Future Trilogy
Tip#551: Activate Your Imagination Through Movies, Part 1 – Prometheus
Tip#777: Activate Your Imagination Through Movies, Part 2 - Lucy
Tip#748: Expand Your Mind with Science Fiction, Part 1 - After the Dark 
Tip#772: Expand Your Mind with Science Fiction, Part 2 – The Congress - Under the Skin
Tip#778: Expand Your Mind with Science Fiction, Part 3 – I Origins
Tip#789: Expand Your Mind with Science Fiction, Part 4 – Coherence
Tip#790: Expand Your Mind with Science Fiction, Part 5 - Frequencies
Tip#803: Expand Your Mind with Science Fiction, Part 6 – Interstellar

SEE NEW 72 sec. VIDEO INTRO TO MOTIVATORMAN
Click here

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER AT YOUR
ORGANIZATION, ASSOCIATION or EVENT?
SEE VIDEO SAMPLE of my LECTURES, KEYNOTES, SEMINARS: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Spinning your wheels' is the same as your 'stuck on pause'. If you've been attempting to be a successful motivator for 10 years, then maybe it's time to try something else.