Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tip#497: Getting A Shot At Success – Live Lighter - Million Dollar Baby

I am very happy to announce that my good friend and health advisor Steph Miller has been nominated for a best blog award at Shape Magazine. She didn't even know her Live Lighter blog was nominated until the magazine contacted her! What is inspiring about this huge achievement is that it came at a time of an intense life change for her. She is also one of the close friends going through challenges I mentioned in tip#491.

Despite the emotional struggles and forced changes in her life, my friend has been given a magnificent reminder from the universe that her talents and gifts were being recognized. What a way to boost self-esteem during a difficult time! She's getting a shot at a new level of success. I invite you to vote for her blog and cheer her on! Go to: Shape Magazine

Million Dollar Baby 2004

The Oscar winning movie Million Dollar Baby is about amateur female boxer Margaret Fitzgerald (Hilary Swank) who perseveres towards her dream of becoming a professional boxer. Despite her age, unsupportive family and a reluctant trainer (Clint Eastwood) she relentlessly pursues her desire. She becomes a powerhouse underdog with audiences cheering for her at every fight!

Margaret is a great example of having a leadership mindset with her incredible resilience, courage and indestructible optimism. And the message the film tells us in the end is that everyone deserves a shot at his or her dream. Everyone, no matter where they come from or problems they’ve faced, deserves a chance for success.

Let these movie heroes inspire you in feeling worthy of a shot at success. Let real-life successes like Steph Miller's blog inspire you to believe in being recognized for your own talents and gifts. Keep your eye on your dream no matter what.

SEE NEW 72 sec. VIDEO INTRO TO MOTIVATORMAN
Click here

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER AT YOUR
ORGANIZATION, ASSOCIATION or EVENT?
SEE VIDEO SAMPLE of my LECTURES, KEYNOTES, SEMINARS: Click here

SPEAKER TOPICS:
1) How To Press Play When You're Stuck On Pause: Passion & Drive
2) Indestructible Optimism: Build a Leadership Mindset
3) Introduction to the Power of Social Media

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011

5 comments:

Candice Frederick said...

GREAT post and great movie. i really liked how you tied this in to your friend.

Head Health Nut said...

Oh, wow, Emmanuel! I'm SO honoured that you blogged about me and Live Lighter getting nominated for SHAPE's Blogger Awards. Thank you for your support!!!

And thank you for reminding me how strong I am - some days I felt so weak and powerless. But I had good friends like yourself to remind me that that's not who I truly am. Thank you for your love and friendship.

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

My pleasure Steph! Your story deserves to be shared and INSPIRE other people who are struggling. You are already inspiring people you have never even met because of the SHAPE MAGAZINE news!

Keep going my friend!

Emmanuel
Motivatorman

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Thanks Candice,

I've been wanting to write a post about Million Dollar Baby for a long time but was so down on the tragic ending. Saw it again recently and it was Morgan Freeman's character that gave me the silver lining when he said this...

"I never got my shot. Because of you Maggie got her shot. If she dies today you know what her last thought would be? I think I did all right."

Danmark said...

Its a great movie, It was uplifting and although sad at the end, it was heartfelt and meaningful. It is a MUCH better movie than 'The Aviator' which almost put me to sleep