Sunday, October 09, 2011

Tip#494: Keep Childlike Wonder Alive - Steve Jobs – Real Steel

I absolutely LOVE the iMac computer I am working on as I write this. It's the model with the hard-drive build right into the monitor and I am so grateful every day I'm on it. I use it for emailing, surfing the net, listening to music, watching movies, collecting my photos, creating artwork, making music, making videos, iChatting and Skyping and, of course, writing. Apple has immensely helped me enjoy the quality of my life AND my work and in that way creator Steve Jobs will live on forever.

Steve Jobs, co-founder and CEO of Apple Inc. passed away on October 5, 2011 and his legacy will always be with me. I love my iPod and listen to it everyday. I marveled at how small it was when they first came out. And when the touch screens came out on iPhones and iPads I was in awe. It was like the cool gadgets I loved in Sci Fi movies and the Star Trek: The Next Generation TV show (1987) was coming true in real life. Jobs helped keep that childlike wonder alive in me with the new products he'd create.

Real Steel 2011

The science fiction movie Real Steel takes place in the near future where former boxer Charlie Kenton (Hugh Jackman) works in the world of robot boxing matches. Soon Charlie finds himself caring for his estranged 11 year old son Max (Dakota Goyo) who quickly demonstrates a strong will and inner strengths beyond his years.

And though Max has a very grownup attitude he is still a kid that exudes glowing wonder at the stunning robots he encounters. The expression on his face while he sees his robot heroes up close is full of awe and glee. He also believes so much in the robot (Atom) he finds in a junkyard that his indestructible optimism makes a believer of his father too. Together Max and Charlie discover they are an excellent team and make their dreams come true with Atom as the ultimate underdog in the robot boxing world.

Max's expression of wonder was a mirror for me on how I feel about Apple's technologies. Steve Jobs has helped bring the world of Sci Fi into the present and it makes me feel excited to be alive every day I use my iMac or iPod. And whether you've experienced the joy of Apple products or not I hope you are keeping your childlike wonder alive. That sense of wonder is what fuels your positive energy and happiness! Feel that sense of awe today!


ANNOUNCEMENT:
I am the new Film Writer for Parvati Magazine online! Read selections from my Movies that Motivate blog with this month featuring "Morning Glory":
See here

SEE NEW 72 sec. VIDEO INTRO TO MOTIVATORMAN
Click here

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER AT YOUR
ORGANIZATION, ASSOCIATION or EVENT?
SEE VIDEO SAMPLE of my LECTURES, KEYNOTES, SEMINARS: Click here

SPEAKER TOPICS:
1) How To Press Play When You're Stuck On Pause: Passion & Drive
2) Indestructible Optimism: Build a Leadership Mindset
3) Introduction to the Power of Social Media

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011

No comments: