Sunday, October 02, 2011

Tip#492: Surround Yourself with Amazing Friends & Soul Buddies - 50/50

I feel so blessed that I am surrounded by amazing friends. Through the darkest of times (see tip#400) I've had the unconditional love and support of friends who I believe are actually angels in disguise. I've even mentioned some of them many times in this blog: Live Lighter/Writer Guru (Steph Miller) and Money/Wealth Guru (Patrick Bizindavyi). And I have so many other friends I call "soul buddies" who have stood by me whenever the world was crumbling around me.

One of these "soul buddies" recently helped me deal with an emotionally stressful challenge. What I needed was an expert in communication and relationship skills building and my friend and colleague Tammy Cunningham (Facilitator & Existential Detective) was there for me. She was the facilitator of the life-changing workshop I attended last year called The Mastery of Self-Expression. I wish everyone around the world was as blessed as I to have friends who'd be there through thick and thin.

50/50 2011

The movie 50/50 is a "dramedy" about a young man named Adam (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) who discovers he has a rare type of cancer. It is also about his best friend Kyle (Seth Rogen) who supports him on so many levels. Kyle is there helping lift his friend's spirit, stand firm against Adam's unfaithful girlfriend (Bryce Dallas Howard) and to help Adam to always see the bright side of having cancer (causing humorous results).

Cancer is no laughing matter and yet this movie is getting huge praise by film critics and audiences for balancing comedy with drama (dramedy). It also received a standing ovation at its premiere here at the Toronto International Film Festival. The story is loosely based on the life of screenwriter Will Reiser who's real-life friend Seth Rogen supported him when he was diagnosed with cancer at age 25.

If you are going through intense challenges in your life there is a chance that some friends will not be able to handle the situation. When that happens do your best to focus on the people who DO stand by you in your time of need. Hopefully you already have friends who are soul buddies AND angels in disguise. Just be open and honest about your challenges and these earth angels will reveal themselves with warm, glowing hearts and a hand to help you up!

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I am the new Film Writer for Parvati Magazine online! Read selections from my Movies that Motivate blog with this month featuring "Morning Glory":
See here

SEE NEW 72 sec. VIDEO INTRO TO MOTIVATORMAN
Click here

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER AT YOUR
ORGANIZATION, ASSOCIATION or EVENT?
SEE VIDEO SAMPLE of my LECTURES, KEYNOTES, SEMINARS: Click here

SPEAKER TOPICS:
1) How To Press Play When You're Stuck On Pause: Passion & Drive
2) Indestructible Optimism: Build a Leadership Mindset
3) Introduction to the Power of Social Media

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011

2 comments:

Candice Frederick said...

congrats on your new position! and i love this post. this hits really close to home for me right now.

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Thanks for congrats Candice! And I am so happy this latest post hits close to home for you. It means a lot to me that my movie blog can make a positive difference in someone's life.

If I can help in any way please let me know via email.

Emmanuel
Motivatorman