Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tip#467: Is This The Meaning of Life? - The Tree of Life


I just saw the film The Tree of Life that won the top prize recently at Cannes Film Festival. It also drew prolonged boos when it opened up the festival which told me I had to see it for myself! Hours later I am still doing my best to absorb what I saw. It was definitely a massive unexpected journey and dreamlike experience.

I had mixed feeling blogging about the film like I did with Green Lantern (see tip#466). And yet it took me back in time to my own childhood in a deeper way than the Super 8 film (see #465). It made me think so much about the happy magical moments of being a kid alone or with friends, loving moments with my Mom or Dad as well as unpleasant times being disciplined. It really made me remember my life with my family. And yet the movie was so much more.

The Tree of Life 2011

The movie The Tree of Life chronicles the origins and meaning of life through the eyes of a 1950's Texas family (Brad Pitt and Jessica Chastain). It is a long, surreal dreamlike movie with short passages of poetic dialogue. You'll be taken through the stunning visuals of time and space as well as the birth and upbringing of this family's 3 boys.

This is a very meditative, abstract movie and it will be sure to move you deep inside if you surrender to the experience. Even the movie posters had some of the most intriguing images I've ever seen. It is getting rave reviews and yet with all reviews you just have to go and experience a movie for yourself. After all the meaning of life is something you have to discover for yourself.

What movies help you ponder the meaning of life?

What films help you see the bigger picture of your own life? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below OR click on the blog title above and scroll to bottom.

SEE MY SUMMER MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS:
e.g. X-Men: First Class, Captain America
Click here

SEE NEW SPEAKER PROMO ON MOVIES THAT MOTIVATE
LECTURES, KEYNOTES, SEMINARS: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

SEE THE MOVIES MOTIVATE LIST A to Z!
Look up your favourite movies and the motivational tips
written for them: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author and Professional Speaker
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
Motivational Superhero at Your Service!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011

No comments: